So...I was talking to my tech teacher, Mark Hammond in regards to the next semester. He started talking to Mike and I about Networking Fundamentals and I immediately got a surge of nostalgia from the same class I took at a local college, which will not be named. I started remembering anding (subnetting a subnet mask), the command prompt, Rip v1. and v2, OSPF, binary (0's and 1's or on and off) hexadecimal (base 16, which includes A, B, C, D, E and F), octal (base 8), some of the commands like ping. I have not taken a networking class since 2010.
In addition, when I looked at my schedule for next semester, I saw Hardware and Operating systems. At first, I was taken aback at what that class could possibly be, then it dawned on me, Hardware and Operating systems is synonymous with my Maintenance of a PC class from the same school I learned it from before. That will mean remembering the motherboard, IDE SATA and ATA, Simms, Rimms, Dimms, SOdimms, hard drives, video and sound cards, The shell(desktop), kernel(software i/o translator) and HAL(hardware). Dual booting and virtualization may also be a thing. Dual Booting is installing two different operating systems on the same PC while virtualization where a program is downloaded that represents a virtual OS system and allots a specific amount of Hard drive memory to simulate the virtual OS inside a real OS. I also have not taken a computer hardware class since 2010.
To be honest, I am very excited about next semester. I only have to go to class two days of the week, although I plan on tutoring next semester. I have four classes, two of which are online, one of the classes is my Hardware and Operating systems class I will be taking the second half of the spring semester. As of now, I am aware and happy to say I have passed all of my classes. Which tops my personal best for any college year since this is my first semester, I took 6 classes, and I have A's in most of my classes. I am definitely looking forward to taking classes in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment