Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Reason...

     Y'know, I never talked about why I became interested in Networking/IT. Hahahaha, I actually do not remember in great detail but my earliest memory was in second grade. We (the students) spent about one hour each day doing activities on the computer. However, we did not go on the internet. I was seven in 1995 to put the situation in perspective. The internet barely existed in public volume. In all actuality, it existed sometime the same year for consumers. I fell in love with computers as soon as I used it. I still remember doing reports, messing around with the computer's local graphic arts program, and playing amazon trail.

    I think part of the reason was at home I still had my mom's old typewriter and liked writing mock I Love Lucy scripts and the computer was more vast and unexplored, at least it felt that way to an uneducated seven year old. I remember begging my mother for a computer, knowing she could not afford one, she did next best thing, she bought me a V-Tech educational learning computer. These computers were cheap and had an interface similar to a digital watch or a graphic calculator of that time. She actually bought me two one for early elementary and one for late elementary to early middle school. I loved it; You need to understand my knowledge for learning in my younger years was insatiable although video games clashed with it from time to time. I even played two player on the math portion with other people like my mom; I had the best time.

     It was not until early seventh grade, in 2000, I got my first computer a Hewlett-Packard with only 256 MB to be fair it was quite old when we bought it new. Until this day, it still sits in my basement with my second computer collecting dust. I will eventually use to practice how to install and uninstall hardware in the back of it. That is pretty much the story. Even to this day, my love for technology has not waivered, and I hope it never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment